Why Social Media Isn’t Working for Your Law Firm
Many of our clients are what we call ‘business to business’ law firms, in that they fish for new business from the referral or fellow attorney pond. From mediators to patent attorneys targeting in-house counsel as smaller businesses, we work with these attorneys to develop strong relationships with in-house counsel through a targeted social media campaign. And a recent study, the 2013 In-House Counsel new Media Engagement Survey conducted by Greentarget, Inside Counsel and Zeughauser Group, shows that we are on the right track (and even a few laps ahead).
To learn more about social media usage by in-house counsel, including blog readership, read on. If these stats convince you (and rightfully so) that it’s time for you / your law firm to build your web presence, we’re ready to help.
- Your law firm’s website must be mobile – Consumption of media “on the go” is increasing as large numbers of in-house counsel prefer to consume information on smartphones, tablets and mobile apps.
- 75% of respondents use new media in a professional application.
- Wikipedia is widely regarded as a legitimate professional tool for research and information.
- Well-written legal blogs serve as an important information resource with a strong impact on hiring decisions.
- Be a ‘pioneer’ – lawyers and law firms that create high-quality content and share it strategically have great opportunity in front of them as many law firms lag behind in the new media realm.
- LinkedIn is king – what does your LinkedIn profile say about your practice/experience/expertise?
- Social Media isn’t just for kids – Older lawyers are using Social Media weekly and are keeping pace with (and sometimes surpassing!) the younger generation.
If you’re ready to explode your law firm’s growth through new business, increased referral sources, and media exposure, it is time to consider a strategic social media campaign for lawyers.
WebPresence, Esq. is a cutting-edge Web Presence Management company built by attorneys for attorneys. Our team of lawyers will create a powerful Social Media campaign for your law firm, enabling you to attract new business and increasing your firm’s reputation. Additionally, we will manage your online reputation, ensuring that your carefully-crafted name remains in good stead. For more information about our services, contact WebPresence, Esq. at www.WebPresenceEsq.com today.