We’ve been saying it for a while and the statistics are in: Content marketing is one of the most effective ways for a law firm to differentiate itself online these days. With the sheer number of lawyers ‘blogging’ (some of the stuff we read should not qualify as such), it is more important than ever that included in your law firm’s business development plan is a content marketing strategy. By this we mean the production of quality, unique content (or blog posts) that the search engines and your potential audience (new clients, media, etc…) will adore.
A few interesting stats about legal blogging:
- 90% of consumers find custom [legal] content useful
- Companies that blog drive 55% more traffic to their website (all the more reason to be sure the content you are putting out is relevant to your practice areas. You want quality leads.)
- 62% of businesses outsource their content marketing (lawyers: make sure that whomever is writing your content is intimately familiar with your state bar’s rules)
- 58% of consumers trust editorial content (is your legal marketing team publishing your articles in the top legal periodicals?)
- Social media and blogs reach 8 out of 10 Internet users
- Interesting content is one of the top 3 reasons people follow businesses (such as your law firm) on social media
For more on customized content marketing plans, contact the skilled attorney bloggers at WebPresence, Esq. today.