Are your law firm’s social networks garnering the kind of attention that actually brings in new business / connects you with thoughts leaders / expands your referral network? Why not?! If you are devoting the time and expense to maintaining an active online presence, you want to see a return on your investment, don’t you?
Read on for 5 tips on how to make sure your law firm’s web presence is buzzworthy and profitable.
1. Understand Your Audience.
Understanding who your audience is and what they are looking for will put you leaps and bounds in front of your competition. While this tip is Marketing 101, many lawyers think like lawyers, not like their prospective client base.
Some questions to ask yourself when you’re tweeting, blogging, Facebooking, etc.. include:
- What are the needs of my community?
- What questions are they asking online and how can my content help answer these questions?
- What types of content make the biggest impact with my audience: Text, video, images?
- When and where are they most likely to be active on social media?
- What types of content are they most likely to share?
2. Hit a Nerve.
Is your blog post touching on a hot legal issue? Current event or tragedy? Timely, relevant content is everything, especially to Google. Incorporate an element of analysis into your commentary and watch as people respond and relate to you.Details